Start the weekend right at Reston Station!
On Friday, May 15, 2015, from 4-8pm, Nova Labs has been invited to participate in a ‘happy hour’ at Reston Station. The weekly summer-time event is organized by Comstock, the developer of Reston Station (and a past generous supporter of Nova Labs).
There will be live music, food, and beer/wine at the Reston Station plaza so people can grab a bite on the way home, linger for a while, and start the weekend on the right foot.
Nova Labs will be the first non-profit to be showcased at the event, but we need several volunteers!
Our job will be to provide the labor (4-6 volunteers) and for anyone who wants to show a project you’re working on or talk about what Nova Labs is to join in. And of course, to eat food and drink beer or wine if you’re old enough. (There will be other alternatives so this is very kid friendly).
For this first event, instead of food trucks, there will be BBQ sold by Yummy Pig, a new place in Leesburg.
Here’s what we need:
- Volunteers (prefer over 21 just because of the beer/wine thing)
- Anyone who wants to come over to set anything up/show off their projects. Some ideas:
- Talk up the Kickstarter campaign to get the last of our stretch goals?
- Set up a quadcopter flying area?
- Set up a membership table?
- Anyone who wants to eat fantastic BBQ and enjoy the evening.
Set up time is at 3, and we’ll be out of there by 8:30. Even if you can’t volunteer, grab some BBQ on the way to Nova Labs for the Meetups that evening.
If you’re interested and available, please contact Kelley Westenhoff ASAP at kbikeva at gmail.com